Sunday, August 23, 2009

Vacation recap: part 1

CALIFORNIA:

Flew into SFO and my mom aka Bomma, cuz she's "da bomb-uh", was there at the airport to greet us (with a car to drive, food to eat, toys to play with, a place to rest our heads and even some cute clothes to wear.) Fitting name huh?  

highlights:
Hanging out with mom (to me)/ Grandma (to the kids).
Lunch (at Plutos) with 2 of my bestest girlfriends (both pregnant with boys-woohoo!)
Visiting Teri and Lisa and kids (also two of my favorites).  mom friends who I shared my first year+ of mommy-hood with (and whose daughters I'd like to have Asher keep on his list of girls to date in 20 years)
Seeing the old house and visiting with Marvin our favorite neighbor across the street.
and more
Target (oh how I've missed that place)

lowlights:
getting adjusted to the time change
NOT getting to meet up with other favorite people (time was toooo short and we were fighting jet lag on top of that- sorry)
seeing the old house (it was bitter-sweet)
only being there 3 days
not enough pictures, not enough time, I would have LOVED too see more of the people that make me miss California.
next time- please.


4 comments:

  1. You are soooo brave because I don't think I could ever do that! We missed you, but I totally understand. I always got at least one clogged duct (spelling?) I just would massage the heck out of that side when they were nursing or I was pumping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your blog! I love that you took a picture of Target. I think I went there at least 17 times when i was home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey T.C.,
    I hope to see myself in your "Part 2" post :)
    Just wanted to let you know that I'm blogging, finally:

    www.thingsmostly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. T.C. did the Arabs get you? Where you been lately?

    ReplyDelete