Sunday, August 26, 2007

Start over

good bye Boston!



so I've attempted to start a blog multiple times and debated over so many aspects of it (public or private, do I title it? how personal? mostly pictures? etc. etc.) After just completing a 3 week road trip across the U.S., saying goodbye to friends, catching up with a few old friends along the drive and living in uncertainty as to where our lives will take us next, I figure now is as good a time as any to start. Plus I have lots to catch up on with our trip, I'll at least let this blogging thing be a way to keep in touch and have some sort of journal of fun times. AND For lack of a better place to start, I'll start with saying goodbye to Boston. We left Saturday morning August 4th. It was hot and muggy and just sort of a bummer. Our friends were wonderful and some of them sent us off with a BBQ and lots of memories (photo above, although many people are missing). I love you guys- (you know who you are and you don't know how much I already miss you and our outings and playground chats). Please keep in touch.

Saying goodbye reminded me of all the other times I've had to say goodbye to friends and how fun it is to reconnect though visits, e-mails, phone calls and even those random run-ins in some random city. I'm hoping that through this blog I can enjoy the fun in reconnecting because saying goodbye isn't much fun at all.

once I upload photos from the trip I'll post some of the drafts I wrote along the way.

1 comment:

  1. I cannot believe it took me this long to find your blog. I love the picture at Gettysburg. Asher and Ivy already look older - sad. Tell them to quit growing until we see them again in October. And be sure and take a picture of Asher's first day of school! We miss you guys tons.

    Oh, and John's Bunker Hill shirt looks great. We drove by his Alma Mater yesterday :)

    ReplyDelete