Wednesday, February 8, 2012

weekend getaway

John and I are taking the baby and heading out of town for a few days.


There is a lot of talk and photos of the crazy winter weather that Europe is experiencing and we're headed to one of the worst hit countries- Kiev (or Kyiv) Ukraine!

I was a little nervous following through on our trip once I heard and read the reports last week, but the weather forecasts aren't showing anything drastic, so we're going. It'll just be really, really, really, cold- especially for desert dwellers like ourselves. We haven't been in cold weather for over 4 years!
John is looking forward to feeling cold (I just better double check his bags to make sure he's not packing naively). We're going on a trip to the temple and aren't going to worry or stress about trying to fit in much else. I'm thinking that with the peace of being in the temple and the break from taking care of all 3 kids, it may just feel like a vacation or getaway is supposed to feel. Rejuvenating!

I'll let you know.

I found this video a couple months ago when we began organizing this trip. I love it! I am so impressed with these youth- love them!


P.S.- I'd love a few prayers for safe travels and safe return (and wonderful temple experiences). Because, when I said that "I was nervous..." I really meant, "I am {a bit} nervous..."
I think it's just part of being a mom (and that I've never boarded an airplane without them since they've been born- oh wait, there was that one time we left Asher on our first visit to Dubai.). Just part of being a parent, right? Right.

4 comments:

  1. Sending prayers your way! Enjoy the temple. Fun to read your updates... loved the camping party~!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adventure! I hope you guys have a wonderful time and a peaceful trip to the temple. Stay warm! I loved Asher's party, what fun and it makes me feel better that he got a little emotional, Carson does it from time to time and I always think, aren't we getting old for that? And Coral is just beautiful! What a darling family you have!

    ReplyDelete
  3. now I want to hear how it all went!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Missing you all! Hope your weekend away was fabulous!

    ReplyDelete