Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Grandma is here- baby is not!



My mom flew to town to be here when this baby decides to arrive.  It's kind of hilarious and kind of frustrating that in the 2 weeks before my mom arrived I had daily contractions/ braxton hicks. (I'd rather just call them contractions- no need to use some guys name just because they aren't labor contractions.)
Sometimes for hours at a time, sometimes they would wake me up, sometimes they were just what I needed to get me going organizing, cleaning, packing the hospital bag and contacting friends to help out in case my mom didn't make it on time.
I even had some really painful contractions on the way to the airport to pick her up.
Since her arrival---nothing.
I guess nothing is an overstatement, but close.
I feel great!
No signs of this baby wanting to make his arrival tomorrow.  
Very few and very mild pain, if any at all.
and with my mom in town, I've not been too anxious to deliver either, instead I want to get out, do and see things with her.  Let her have a little Dubai vacation while she's here.  
So, we've been doing a little of that.
Resting, nesting, shopping, walking, and enjoying the gorgeous weather and the beach.
We went to the beach for dinner last night.
She's here for a month so I'm sure the baby will arrive before she leaves.  
That's good.

7 comments:

  1. Say HI to Beth for us! Wish we were there to help.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Toria, I wish I would have known your mom was headed to Dubai, I would have sent something for your new little one, that is, if you're not just faking this whole pregnancy thing. Just kidding, hope makes his appearance quick! Becky had her little guy earlier this week. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you're mom is coming out! For a whole month? AWESOME. I'm sure she is absolutely ecstatic to be there. It sounds like you are really having fun with her so far. I bet that it's helping you get through all the waiting for labor to start. You're so close though! Home stretch!
    Can't wait to see pics of the little guy when he decides to come! I loved seeing Asher's old baby pictures. What a cutie! {and PS I would kill for his tan! Wow!!}

    Love you guys! Big hugs and kisses and best of luck with the delivery!!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck! It'll be soon :)
    It's great that your mom is there to have a few days, especially at the end when you start getting a little anxious. Nice to not have to worry about the kids during your labor too, that takes a lot of stress off.
    We love you guys, we can't wait to meet the newest Clason, we're big fans!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've got my fingers crossed for a Groundhog's Day baby! It is a great day for a birthday...Good Luck. I'm glad your mom is there and it is nice to have a few days together before the baby comes. That being said, a few days is plenty. That little guy can come out any time now!:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So great Toria. I'm so happy for you to have your sweet Mother there to help. I can't wait to hear the news.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck we hope and pray all goes well with you and the birth. Birth is a miracle and we are learning that more with Berklee's birth.

    ReplyDelete