Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Do you know the way to San Jose?

... I got lots of friends in San Jose Do you know the way to San Jose? Can't wait to get back home to San Jose - Neil Diamond



just thought I'd attempt to get this song stuck in your head like it's been in mine since we went to visit over the weekend. We had a great time visiting old friends, enjoying the gorgeous weather and seeing our home. It was bitter-sweet, well mostly sweet although difficult at the same time. I think much of the reason is just the longing for "home". We will find another home and make new friends and enjoy new neighbors, but today I just miss the old. Visiting was fun, but I was left longing for more. The sad reality is that I think my longing is a longing for days gone by combined with an anxious anticipation of an uncertain future. I don't think any amount of "visiting" could fill that void and that's ok. For today I like missing you and missing other friends and places because even though it's sad, it feels good to love and to know that I love deeply enough to feel a void.






of course, I forgot to take pictures most of the time, bummer. Here 3 of the only ones that I took. Sorry about that. There were lots of photo opps and I missed them.

No comments:

Post a Comment