Wednesday, July 4, 2007

July 4th

I love Independence day and being patriotic. Yesterday we had a tie-dye party on the playground so all the kids could make a fun shirt to wear on the fourth. Asher had a great time although he sprayed his face before he ever sprayed his shirt.

So far no clothing casualties though. I recognize that the whole event probably did more to satisfy my need to do something crafty and still hang out with my kids and my friends, but I will say it was the perfect activity for Asher's skill level and attention span. I "tied" the shirt and he "dyed" it (he corrects me and says he sprayed it which is true).
Tomorrow is the big holiday and I'm living amongst many revolutionary war battle grounds and gathering sites and I'm sure the festivities around town will be huge. Maybe because it's late and maybe because my two kids are just as content to stick around here, but as of now, I'm not sure how much we'll venture out tomorrow. We will stay up to watch fireworks and I'm excited about that! "cuz there ain't no doubt I love this land---God Bless the U.S.A."