Monday, January 23, 2012

Coral's blessing


We blessed Coral at church on the first Friday of the new year.
She wore the same white blessing dress that we blessed Ivy in AND that my parents blessed me in. I like that. I'll try to post some side by side photos of the 3 of us soon.

Ivy wore a white flower headband that I kept in a special place so that she could wear it again for other special occasions or so her sister could wear it. The headband made it from Utah (where she was blessed) to Oregon and on to Dubai and I've known where it was/is for almost 5 years, and then...I lost it. I got it out in November and took some photos of Coral in it. Sometime between that day and the blessing, I lost it. So frustrating. I made Coral a new headband and tried not to worry too much about it. I'm still hoping the other one turns up. Then maybe it's all for the best. Each girl has her own accessory.


Anyway, on to the blessing.
We didn't have any extended family in town this time which was a bit of a bummer, but the blessing was still special and our Dubai branch has so many close friends, it often feels like family.


Coral was blessed with many things like a strong body and a strong relationship with her siblings. Also, a desire to follow the gospel and listen to and love her parents. She was blessed with a love of learning and that she will take advantage of every chance for education. She will explore the world. She will also have a strong desire to go to the temple and marry a man who will love and protect her and want to take her there.

I know already that she has a sweet and unique spirit inside of her tiny body. She has beautiful big curious eyes. I find her seeking eye contact and once she makes it, gives a big grin. I love this little girl and we are so blessed to have her in our family and watch her grow.

1 comment: