Wednesday, April 14, 2010

green chili egg casserole

I think I referred to this recipe as a quiche- but since it doesn't have a crust and I baked it in a casserole dish, maybe it's a casserole?

whatever it is- it's delish.
not so low in fat- but who's counting?
It was a great way to use a whole bunch of blown eggs at once.

My friend Andrea (who is a great cook AND hosts lots of parties/ meals.) gave me this recipe. We love it.

10 eggs
8oz. diced green chilis (2 small cans)
4 cups grated cheese
1 16 oz. tub cottage cheese
1/4 c. flour
1/4 c. butter (melted)
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper.

Beat eggs. Combine with remaining ingredients. Mix together and pour into a 9x 13 casserole pan. (I sprayed with PAM). Bake 45 min- 1 hr. Start baking at 400 for 15 minutes. Turn heat down to 350 for remainder of time (30-45 minutes).

Serve with sour cream and salsa.
Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, looks tasty. Our food has been getting predictable and boring lately, and I need to mix things up. This is a good start!

    ReplyDelete